no one will help!Sun, Oct 7th 2007
I really don't know if this is a type of question you can help me with, I hope so. I have been fighting with major depression, anxiety and panic attacks for over six years now. I am unable to keep a job because of this. I have been on state assistance- medical something like three times( all three times very briefly). Right now I am what is called GAU which I get from the state. I cannot find anyone in my area that will take the GAU medical for mental health. I have been looking for several months now and nothing. I tried to commit suicide in march of 2007, and was rushed to the local ER. I can feel myself getting worse and desperately need treatment. Please if you, yourself can help me, or know anything/anyone that can help me I would be so very grateful. thank you.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.