My Fiancee Can't Get Over His Late WifeTue, Jul 17th 2007
I have been in a relationship for a year with a widower. We are now engaged. His 24 year marriage to his late wife was a happy one. She died unexpectedly. He was devastated. I have come into his life trying to make my place. We live together in the house he shared with her. I have been able to make my place but it is still hard as it is the house they lived in together. In 4 years he will retire and we will buy a home together. In the meantime there is a painting on the wall of the living room which he refuse to take down. It is of a place that he and his late wife visited together and where they picked out the painting. I have no problem with the painting being where it is now but he would also like to hang it in the house WE will buy and share together. That bothers me. Am I right to feel this way?..............
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.