PromotionSun, Mar 25th 2012
I have been employed by my company for close to 15 years. I have been in my field for well over 30 years and know my job really good. I recently applied, a few times, for a promotion which I am very qualified for and my company agrees. Well, the past few openings that came up for promotion went to either someone hired from outside the company or an employee with less then two years experience.
I got very upset the last time because I helped train this new employee who got the job above me. What upsets me more then anything is that I was never even called or spoken to about this.
I am very upset..can't sleep..very moody..bad thoughts. I don't understand why my company would do this. No call, letter, etc. I got very upset and demanded a reason why. I was never given a reason except this: The company is going in a different direction and I will never go beyond what I do now. To me this is sad.
I have given my heart and soul to this company and was told numerous times I am the best they have...I'm lost..
Please help so I can go on with my life...so depressed..Thanks.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.