Why Is He So Jealous, Even of My Own Brothers??Mon, Mar 12th 2012
How long have you been together? 8 months
What is your age range? 20/25
Please share your story:
My boyfriend and I have been together for 8 months and everything was good in the beginning. Then, slowly, I started seeing how fast he got angry and how jealous he was. I thought it was cute until it started becoming a controlling issue. He started accusing my own brother of checking me out and how I must like it. My brothers and I are really close so we joke around and make fun of each other . But he is like obsessive and it scares me because I jut got out of a 9 year relationship with an abusive man and we had the same problems.
What should I do?
Is it me? I feel like I will never be happy..
Please help me! Should I continue in this relationship?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Marriage Corner staff respond to your marriage problems questions from the perspective of training in clinical mental health and psychotherapy.
- The intent of Marriage Corner and Mentalhelp.net is to provide to provide general educational information to the readership of this website. Responses from staff and readers should not be understood as psychotherapy or specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by the Mentalhelp.net staff or to people making their submissions. No correspondence takes place.
- Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. MentalHelp.net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. This includes making any changes to your personal relationships. If you are taking medications or are in psychotherapy, do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication and do not stop psychotherapy without first consulting with your physician or psychotherapist.